About our Blog

This is the story all about how our lives got flip turned upside down! We moved across the country from the suburbs of Chicago to Los Angeles. We are embracing our new life with outdoor living, healthy eating and fun adventures!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ode to Fathers Day Weekend

Before we get into our awesome weekend...let's talk about our awesome Thursday night! Bri and I went for a motorcycle ride to a park nearby. We don't get much greenery in this urban jungle so we have been going to parks to sit outside and walk and take in some hints of nature. This night we actually packed a little picnic dinner that we ate on the benches.



The area was SUPER ritzy and we were trying to determine the housing costs around the park. While we were walking I whipped out my Zillow app and found something AWESOME! One was that there no way in our lifetime we could ever live in the area (4-5 MILLION per house) and the other was that we were ONE block away from the PLAYBOY MANSION!!! We hopped back on the bike and did a drive by. I didn't see Hef (this time) but at least I know where to go in the future!

Now, on to the weekend. We went for a motorcycle ride to Pasadena on Saturday to go to a Chalkdrawing Festival. I was super excited because I thought it would be those 3-D chalk drawings where it looks like you can walk down a set of stairs or fall into a pit. I have never seen those in real life. I was a bit dissapointed because there weren't any of those, but the drawings were still really cool to see and fun to watch the artists in progress. The day got a bit spoiled when Brian thought that the bike was going to get stollen by a homeless person for a while, but isn't that every day really?


Brian laughed at me when I thought that this was Heman. Oops! I think I dated myself.

I wish I could see this Lion King drawing when it was done!
The other strange thing that happened on this trip was that a super market was having a going out of business sale. It gave us a preview into the future apocalypse scenario where the grocery store gets raided. We didn't know this was happening until we walked in and saw bare shelves and people loading up their carts!

On Sunday we spent all day with the family. It was the first time in MANY years I was with my dad on Father's Day. I had such a good time! We went to Portillo's for lunch. The only Portillo's in this state...then we went back to the parents house for games and grilling. It was such a fun night! I finally got my hands on some old pics - I don't see my own resemblance but I see my brother and sister for sure!



And let's not forget about the other dad in my life........


Ninja's dad - Brian! LOL!

No comments: