About our Blog

This is the story all about how our lives got flip turned upside down! We moved across the country from the suburbs of Chicago to Los Angeles. We are embracing our new life with outdoor living, healthy eating and fun adventures!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Weekend Projects

Happy Saturday! I have to admit it's a lot harder to commit to writing a blog on the weekends vs. camped out in a cubicle Monday-Friday (sorry Madden!). Bri and I are off to a busy weekend! We are both taking on some projects today - after a little GTL (that's Bartlett for gym, the depot, and lenses - just a tad less glamorous then the Jersey Shore). I plan on doing a little copy cat action from this picture that I found in the Pottery Barn catalog - hopefully I will have it finished by the end of this weekend and blog about it on Monday...you know, when I have all the free time at work.


Brian is touching up the paint on my old Honda Accord so that somebody (anybody) will buy it. My poor old car has seen better days and is thinning out in the paint department all over. Hopefully Bri can touch it up and get her outta here!

As for the lenses, we got our eyes checked last weekend and we both have new glasses to pickup! I'm sure we'll look fabulous!

We had a nice Friday night last night - we tried a new restaurant for Pho - this is a Vietnamese soup that Brian is a big fan of. I can take it or leave it! I left it last night and got Chicken Pad Thai! We took the convertible out and cruised around, but ended up at Ogden 6 - the discount movie theatre! I snapped a pic (Bri was super embarrassed) of us in the convertible. Aside from my new haircut being convertible-challenged, it was a great summer date night!



Tonight we are off to a rooftop party hosted by Nate & Sue. I'm sure there will be a lot of fun stories from that. After all, this is the 1 year anniversary of learning what being "Iced" was. If you don't know what this is, ask Brian (who got Iced on our wedding day by Sadie) OR check out the details on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icing_(drinking_game). Now that you know...beware!

2 comments:

Howard G. Malley said...

Test. Test. Is this on?

Sadie said...

Hahahah!!! I forgot I iced him :O) Actually, technically, that was an "Ice" from Ryan, I was just the delivery person.