About our Blog

This is the story all about how our lives got flip turned upside down! We moved across the country from the suburbs of Chicago to Los Angeles. We are embracing our new life with outdoor living, healthy eating and fun adventures!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Garage Sales

While my parents in California are busy unloading clutter for their new house and selling off anything possible at their garage sale a few weeks ago, I sat in Chicago plotting my map for the St. Charles Park District community garage sale that was this past Saturday. After a brief search, I called Brian to meet me with cash so I could buy a new dining room set...look at these gorgeous chairs!!!

Loved the chairs, but they've got to go!


Bri surprised me yesterday by organzing the pickup, assembly and positioning in the dining room so it was all setup when I got home...one look later I decided it was going up for sale! It just is NOT our style...so, for the record, Brian, I'M SORRY!!!

Anyways, back to garage sales...it was a looong day. We met up at 8:00 AM and I was pretty close to on time so that is a legitimate starting point. I didn't get home until after 3pm and I came full of loot! Actually, after the dining room set, I really only came with a little loot, but we are storing some newly purchased furniture for Lindsay. Lindsay is moving to the burbs in a few weeks and is just a hop, skip and a jump from our house in Bartlett.

Here's Lindsay getting loopy!


She decided not to drive all the way back to the city, so she came back to our house where we were supposed to nap before going to a BBQ, but instead we drank a bunch of beer and helped Brian hang one of his new finds!


So, now we have to get the new table sold soon so our good old Viking Table goes back into place. Then, I need to break it to Lindsay that we are no longer selling the Viking to her! Sorry!!!

No comments: