About our Blog

This is the story all about how our lives got flip turned upside down! We moved across the country from the suburbs of Chicago to Los Angeles. We are embracing our new life with outdoor living, healthy eating and fun adventures!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Update: Book Club Party

Many moons ago, I hosted an elaborate book club party for my girls! We meet monthly to begin with, but after we hadn't been reading or meeting in a while, I booked a Lia Sophia party and spent hours on Pinterest to host a party to get everyone back together! I think it was a total success!

I turned an old book into a welcome sign...this greeted you as yoou walked in...along with me and some drinks!

I covered a picture frame we already hanging up with old book pages to show where the DRINKS would be!
I made champagne cocktails by pouring champagne over fruit popscicles! There were some pregos so I had a water bar - ice water + mint, lemons, watermelon or strawberries. I prepped all the foot the night before I made these book themed food markers. The drinks and food were a hit!
 As noted above, the water bar was setup for my pregnant girlfriends. I had planned a lot of this party with Sadie in mind since I know how much she appreciates a good theme and effort...she just happened to go into labor early that morning and missed the whole thing! But, we got a sweet little baby girl so I think it's worth it!

Speaking of babies...my godson also made an appearance! Bradley's first book club!


I loved every minute of planning and executing this event...cheers to the next one! I'm already planning the Book Club Christmas Party!

No comments: